Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thanks for checking in, Hagel.

This is good to know:
Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel said Friday he would consider serving as Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's running mate if asked, but he doesn't expect to be on any ticket.
Thanks, Chuck! Let me just state at this point that I don't expect to be on a ticket, either, but if asked, I'd consider being Obama's running mate. Like Barack, I have one of those great, only-in-America life stories. My father was a white Jew from New York, and -- get this -- my mother was a white Jew from New Jersey. That's just insane!

My one reservation is that I have to put together my tenure file next year, and my responsibilities as vice president might interfere with that.

Then again, they probably wouldn't.

No comments: