Thursday, October 28, 2010

Coupla things

  • There's a fine new poli sci blog called YouGov featuring interesting pieces by Larry Bartels (who explains how it's somehow a losing political issue to tax a very small percent of the population) and Lynn Vavreck (who notes that Republican leaders have been suffering in the polls as much, if not more, than Obama).
  • Boris Shor profiles some of the Republican candidates who may win seats in the U.S. House next month, finding that some of them are surprisingly moderate.
  • David Karol explains the fascinating history of trade policy battles between the parties and between the White House and Congress.
  • Early voting both decreases overall turnout and enhances the income-based voting gap.  Other than that, it's perfect.
  • Dan Maes is consistently polling under 10 percent.

4 comments:

Jonathan Bernstein said...

Seth,

I'm really disappointed. You easily could have done a post on Tin Lincecum, giving you three Freak posts in a row. I'm not sure there's any obvious 4th one, but I can't believe you missed the chance at three straight.

Seth said...

I don't do baseball posts. Although I've been meaning to rebut your senseless attack on my childhood hero Steve Garvey.

I suppose I could have mentioned Rick James.

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and methods for making THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day FROM HOME totally FREE.
GET FREE ACCESS TODAY

Blogger said...

Swag Bucks is the number 1 work from home website.