Friday, January 8, 2010

Too much Twitter?

I have to confess that I first learned of Brittany Murphy's passing when I read about it on Ashton Kutcher's Twitter feed.  I thought it was a tad odd to be publicly mourning this way, especially since the two were once romantically involved, but his tweet seemed at least in the ballpark of appropriate.  But then came Tila Tequila's tweets about the death of her fiancée:
Everyone please pray 4 my Wifey Casey Johnson. She has passed away. Thank u for all ur love and support but I will be offline to be w family
No, I suppose it's not my place to tell a person the right or wrong way to mourn, but it still ooged me out a bit.  The parody at Sadly, No is equally gross, but nonetheless hilarious.

Nonetheless, these are all questions of taste.  Honorable people may disagree.  But then there are matters of public safety:
The debate over distracted drivers ramped up a notch on Thursday as Ford Motor Co. announced technology to let computers read their Twitter feeds to them while behind the wheel.
God bless the American automobile industry.

1 comment:

Kim Dionne said...

not sure if you saw it on FB, but i caught a student in a lie by reading his public twitter feed. tsk tsk.