- Jamelle Bouie notes Bob Kerrey's vision of the ideal governing system: less accountability, less transparency.
- Greg Koger drags the Monkey Cage kicking and screaming into the world of Star Wars blogging, bringing some hard poli sci to the vital question of whether to build a Death Star.
- A very, very good primer on BS political coverage, from Cracked.
- Paul Campos notes an important distinction between Obama risking failure in the bin Laden raid and Eisenhower risking failure in Operation Overlord. (Hint: only one of them was president at the time.)
- A roundup of Roman emperor deaths.
- Charlie X from the original Star Trek series looks exactly like Andrew Romanoff. Just sayin'.
- The Navy launches the USNS Cesar Chavez, making the Navy as progressive as it was when the Village People were singing its recruiting song.
- Forgotten couples from the 1990s. Ew.
- The Fresh Prince of Downton Abbey.
Monday, May 7, 2012
Posted by Seth Masket at 5/07/2012 10:01:00 PM