Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My vegetable garden as Iraq War metaphor


  1. The soil in my yard was never fertile for the spread of vegetables in the first place. If I'd thought this through initially or read any of the intelligence on my yard, I could have avoided this fiasco.
  2. I didn't provide enough resources for the vegetable garden to thrive. Even if I had, it probably still wouldn't have worked.
  3. My vegetable garden has failed to meet most of my initial benchmarks, such as the production of vegetables.
  4. The one friggin' pea I've managed to grow does not validate this entire venture.
  5. Postponing judgment of my vegetable garden until September is not liable to make much of a difference.
  6. History will not vindicate me.
  7. If I leave my vegetable garden, the vegetables will not follow me home.

No comments: