Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tom Daschle channels Steve Martin

Martin:
You can be a millionaire... and never pay taxes. Yes you can be a millionaire... and never pay taxes! You say, "Steve, how can I be a millionaire and never pay taxes?" First... get a million dollars. Now, you say, "Steve, what do I say to the tax man when he comes to my door and says, 'You have never paid taxes'?" Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: "I forgot." How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don't say "I forgot"? Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, "I forgot armed robbery was illegal." Let's suppose he says back to you, "You have committed a foul crime. You have stolen hundreds and thousands of dollars from people at random, and you say, 'I forgot'?" Two simple words: Excuuuuuse me!!"

No comments: