- Like nonpartisan politics? James Monroe showed us why its not such a hot idea.
- Jon Chait on magical thinking and the cult of the presidency.
- A very cool bit of analysis from Nate Silver showing that the Ames Straw Poll results are, in fact, highly predictive of the Iowa Caucus.
- Scott Lemieux: "How the hell did Pawlenty ever get elected in Minnesota? Did Martha Coakley move to Duluth and get the Dem nomination that cycle?" Fair question.
- Shorter Ruth Marcus: The GOP is just like "Gilligan's Island," featuring Grandpa, Ward Cleaver, and other non-"Gilligan's Island" characters.
- Blogging by academics can improve their professional reputation.
- Scott Adams on the virtues of boredom.
- The University of Chicago is hosting a conference on Jersey Shore studies. I hope to do a paper on how each of the Situation's ab muscles represents a member of the congressional supercommittee.
- A classic Doonesbury on the death of teaching.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
A lotta more
Posted by Seth Masket at 8/14/2011 09:18:00 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment