- Declining racism and sexism may have perversely led to the worsening of American education. Sigh.
- Highlights of Los Angeles, care of The Simpsons. For the record, I grew up in the Valley, and I later lived just a stone's throw from the 405/10 freeway exchange. Both were glorious.
- Two important posts from Jonathan Bernstein: Politics is as obscure to most Americans as NASCAR is to people like me; and deficits are not inherently evil.
- Elisabeth Shue played Marty McFly's girlfriend Jennifer in "Back to the Future II" (1989) and was uncharacteristically bad in the role. Not sure what happened there.
- No-excuse absentee voting seems to boost voter turnout while early voting seems to suppress it.
- How do you spell Khaddafi? SNL asked us this 30 years ago.
- You know what else is 30 years old? Genesis' "Abacab" album. Here's a live version of "Like It Or Not."
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Posted by Seth Masket at 2/27/2011 12:02:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment